Wednesday, May 19, 2010

My Reasons



Dear Son,

I must start by saying that today is a landmark day for me....because i have finally started this blog which i have been planning ever since you were born. There are two reason's for this delay. Firstly, my physical recovery period stretched a bit too long and secondly, as you will learn about your mother, is because i'm plain sluggard...a fainéant.

You are already a year and a month old and i must add that you are a very intelligent kid. I'm not expecting you to start reading this blog sometime soon, in fact i'm hoping that you will read these writings of mine much later in life. But I have to explain why i intend to write these letters to you.

Firstly, i want to state that these i'm writing for you alone, and though i have chosen to write a blog, i'm not expecting any followers for this. The things i want to mention here are things i want to share with you. But right now you are too young and so these will have to wait and i'm afraid that i will forget them when the right time comes, or perhaps i will not be there anymore. 

I want to share with you your moments of growing up, when you are too young to remember them yourself and which will be, ultimately, the best part of your life. Through these letters you can know the little child you were, what you used to do, play, eat...how you ran about the house, your amazing ability to learn, your beautiful smile and most of all your cute naughtiness. before i forget them i want to pen it all down for you.

I have been a rebel child of my family (your grannies can probably tell you some stories of my deeds), but now as time has passed and maturity has come with wisdom, i remember the things my parents used o tell me. With regret i say that i'm sorry for myself for not listening to them. Well, youth is like that and despite for some part of my life, i'm happy for everything else. Remembering my yester years, i often realize that there will be ample i would want to tell you and explain to you...generally about life and rights and wrongs. But maybe, i will either not be able to, or the time would not be right or you will not pay heed to it (as all kids do, as i have also done). Through these letters i would want to leave all my thoughts and advices for you with the hope that when you read them, you will understand your mother and what i want to convey to you. 

I know all children see their parents as born olds. But as i'm growing old now, i'm becoming more and more aware of the fact that my parents are also individuals who had been kids. Someday you will also go through this realization and when you do, through these letters i want to share my childhood with you.

Son, you are my life and my life savior ( someday i will explain that to you). You changed my life for the better and i cannot thank you enough for that. I want to share every moment of my life with you and bring you up in a manner that you shine in your own pride. 

You are a lovely child. I love you.

Your Mother
Nidhi

1 comment:

  1. Dear jajju Singh,
    Love. Letters posted by Nidhi your mother's feelings which onecan realise and feel.We always long to listen to your totly voice n shrarat. u naughty n intelligent try to do everything which others do.

    Love
    Nana nani

    ReplyDelete